The Knutsford School of Humanities and Education (KSHE) is a new School established in September 2017. The School comprises four departments namely: Department of Economics and Law, Department of Philosophy and Politics, Department of Sociology and Psychology and Department of Communication Studies. The departments offer courses which are designed to meet emerging demands for innovative skills in the increasingly diverse and job markets.
The School provides modern teaching and learning avenues such as state-of-the-art facilities, and very qualified and experienced lecturers.
Department of Economics and Law
- BSc Economics
Department of Philosophy and Politics
- BA Philosophy, Politics and Economics
Department of Sociology and Psychology
- BA Psychology and Sociology
Department of Communication Studies
- BA Communication and Media Studies
Bachelor of Science in Economics Programme
Aims and Objectives;
The KNUTSFORD’s BSc Economics programme is designed to offer specialised and professional training in Economics to students in response to the growing demand of industry and commerce.
The programme is tailored to enable students describe, compare, correlate and analyse the important Economic phenomena of production, consumption, exchange and distribution of goods and services, in order to make effective and efficient economic decisions.
The programme enables students to develop economic skills and competencies needed for analysis of microeconomic and macroeconomic policies in the society.
Ultimately, graduates of the programme would have developed academically sound and professionally qualified competencies for careers in Economics and related disciplines.
The objectives of the BSc Economics Programme are to:
- Equip students with knowledge of the nature, principles and theories of Economics
- Equip students with analytical skills in Economics
- Provide students with skills for careers and job opportunities in the society
- Develop students’ innovative and quality research abilities as well as entrepreneurial skills needed to manage the scarce economic resources for business and economic development
- Produce creative and ethical scholars and leaders with economic background for the society
- Prepare students for post-graduate study in Economics
i. Progamme Duration
Minimum of four (4) years and Maximum of six (6) years
ii. Credit Required for the Award of Degree
The credits required for the award of the first degree are as follows:
Entry into Level 100: A Maximum of 144 credit s and a minimum of 132 credits.
Entry into Level 200: A Maximum of 102 credits with a minimum of 96 credits.
Entry into Level 300: A Maximum of 72 credits with a minimum of 66 credits.