Nurturing Technological And Scientific Passionate Minds
The overall goal of the programme is to provide broad-based education to computer science students that will produce graduates equipped to apply best practices in software design, research and implementation to a wide range of software and computer systems in organizations.
In fulfilling this, the program is designed to:
- Impart sound technical knowledge and skills to students on a range of computer science courses, thereby enabling them to develop the appropriate know-how in troubleshooting, designing and implementing software and computer systems, and
- Develop entrepreneurial and basic business skills to enable students recognize opportunity and develop businesses to facilitate service delivery.
- More specifically, the programme aims at developing technical competencies in the area of Software Design and Development, Databases and Database Management, Data Networks and Communication, IT Security, Entrepreneurship and IT Project Management.
The objectives of the programme are to train students who will be able to:
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of the fundamental principles, theories and practices both in the computer industry and in the academic field.
- Demonstrate high level of expertise in the use of computer hardware and software systems.
- Demonstrate and understanding of the principles underlying the design and the performance of computer hardware and software.
- Develop, test, document and maintain software and further evaluate computer applications.
- Effectively communicate ideas, proposals and design to colleagues and to potential user
- Product graduates who can function effectively as part of a project team involved in programming, system analysis and design, database, networking, web technology, multimedia and mobile applications.
- Align the dynamic nature of digital technology (innovation) to businesses or organizations.
- Recognize business opportunity that enables them to develop IT services for commercial gain. Pursue higher degrees in Computer Science and related areas.
- Develop the requisite skills for undertaking research-based IT projects.