Accreditation & Affiliations
Knutsford is accredited by the National Accreditation Board (NAB) of the Ministry of Education in the Republic of Ghana and affiliated to the University of Ghana, Legon,and University for Development Studies. Knutsford is open to more international affiliations and collaborations.
National Accreditation Board
The National Accreditation Board was established by the Government of Ghana in 1993 with the enactment of PNDCL 317, 1993. The legislation has since been replaced by the National Accreditation Board Act, 2007, Act 744.
The Board is mandated to:
- Accredit both public and private (tertiary) institutions with regard to the contents and standards of their programmes.
- Determine, in consultation with the appropriate institution or body, the programme and requirements for the proper operation of that institution and the maintenance of acceptable levels of academic or professional standards;
- Determine the equivalences of diplomas, certificates and other qualifications awarded by institutions in Ghana or elsewhere.
- Publish as it considers appropriate the list of accredited public and private institutions at the beginning of the calendar year.
- Advise the President on the grant of a Charter to a private tertiary institution.
- Perform any other functions determined by the Minister.
University of Ghana
The University of Ghana, the premier university and the largest university in Ghana was founded as the University College of the Gold Coast by Ordinance on August 11, 1948 for the purpose of providing and promoting university education, learning and research.